folding client stopped working, is it because of linux?

jason henson jason at ec.rr.com
Mon May 23 20:08:48 PDT 2005

I did a system update and after that my folding @ home client will not
work without me doing make install in linux_base-8 ports dir.  BTW,
linux is already installed from before the update and even after
reinstalling after the update the systems seems to forget it is there
after a reboot.  I can type make install and the port installs, but
since I don't do a make clean first it returns immediatily.  After I do
this f at h runs fine.  My network card uses the nvnet driver from ports
which still works at boot with out me needing to make install for the
linux port.  I believe this driver requires the linux emulation to work btw.

Any ideas as to why this might be?  A corupt makefile in my ports
folder?  A change to the linux emulation?

FreeBSD BARTON 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #1: Fri May 20 03:23:59 EDT
2005     root at BARTON:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NINAMORI  i386

$ ls -l /var/db/pkg | grep linux_
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel       512 May 22 17:48 linux_base-8-8.0_6

Thx,
Jason