securing SSH, FBSD systems

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Mon May 23 19:36:20 PDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005, fbsd_user wrote:

> These manual routes are stored in memory.
> Can you tell how much memory is used by your 300+ list?

I don't know, but it probably is comparable to what it would take to
put them in the firewall rules.

> Is there some command to display these user added route list?

netstat -nr|grep 127

> Is the <hacker ip> a single IP address or can you say 62.0.0.0/8?

The way I use  it is a single IP, but a quick read of the man page it
seems you can also indicate blocks. Man route and search for the phrase
"For example"

Also see my other poston this thread. In particular the URL to the small
scripts I use. They could use lots of improvement, but they may be a good
start for someone interested in automating the process.

I believe there are also programs which can monitor the logs and
automatically perform actions, but those are likely harder to learn and
setup.