HighPoint RocketRAID 1640 support

Bjoern Koenig bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon May 23 15:50:33 PDT 2005

Cezar Fistik wrote:

> I saw on the manufacturer's site that this board is supported under
> FreeBSD, but the hptmv man page says that only 182x boards are
> supported.

The hptmv driver works only with RR182x and i386.

> Can anyone confirm a successful instalation of 1640 on
> FreeBSD?

I do. You can use the binary drivers from Highpoint's website. Currently
the RR1640 works fine for me with FreeBSD 5.4 and RAID 5.

Until January 2004, I had some minor problems with FreeBSD's *built-in*
support for the Highpoint chipsets using SATA hard disk drives. I don't
know if it works properly now; I guess it does not.

Björn