distfiles

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at goinet.com
Mon May 23 13:27:38 PDT 2005

Not to mention a greivous misuse of throughput of the servers on the other
side.  Ick. :(

Might I suggest that this isn't the wisest route to go and manage ports
from sources rather than binaries?  Build it on one machine, make sure it
works, then 'make package' and install that binary on the rest of your
systems, or at least only grab the packages you need?  Grabbing the full
collection of distfiles from an ftp server, for lack of a better term, is
rude. :P

Now if someone had set up a bittorrent of it, then I wouldn't take
exception, but that really doesn't seem like the best use of resources.

Tony