tracking down network load?

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Mon May 23 11:55:31 PDT 2005

I have a strange question.  Well, maybe not so strange.

I am working on my 5.3 RELEASE system, and I notice my network monitor
on gkrellm is showing unexplained loads (15/23Kbps sustained) in
traffic on the external interface.

I'm not too concerned that this is a security breach, but I do notice
at least one ESTABLISHED connection that I can't explain (it goes back
to AOL, which naturally sows a little mistrust).

Anyway, how to I find the actual process (server or otherwise) on my
end that is handling a given connection, and what kind of load it is
handling?

TIA
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Egotism, n:
  Doing the New York Times crossword puzzle with a pen.