Freebsd pxeboot problem

Sunil Sunder Raj unixtools at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 09:52:19 PDT 2005

Hi,
Was trying to install freebsd 5.3 via pxeboot. The Dhcp server leases the Ip
address, the tftp server is located fine and the pxeboot file gets
downloaded at the client end. But this pxeboot is not getting the proper
server path and gateway ip.

It is always falling to the default /pxeroot server path (as programmed in
the pxe.c file) and don't know where it gets the gateway ip as 192.168.102.1

Display I get
========
pxe_open: server addr: "This is proper. The Dhcp/Tftp server ip"
pxe_open: server path: /pxeroot ----------------------- default server path.
This is not what I defined in my dhcpd.conf
pxe_open: gateway ip: 192.168.102.1 --------------- Don't know where it got
it from. This is not what I defined in my dhcpd.conf
\
Can't load 'kernel'

Below is what I read in the pxe.c file
=======================
                /*
                 * Do a bootp/dhcp request to find out where our
                 * NFS/TFTP server is.  Even if we dont get back
                 * the proper information, fall back to the server
                 * which brought us to life and a default rootpath.
                 */

                if (!rootpath[1])
                        strcpy(rootpath, PXENFSROOTPATH);

Has anyone faced this problem.