virtual desktop

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Mon May 23 06:11:12 PDT 2005

Warren Block wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, paul klatt wrote:
>
>> Could anyone please help me get my virtual desktop configured, I am
>> having
>> problems wheere the desktop is to large for the monitor . I have
>> tried ctrl
>> alt + and htis has no effect. When I go into /stand/sysinstall configure
>> xfree86 server and than xfree86 graphical configuration ctrl alt +
>> seems to
>> be working in this part of the system. I woold appreciate the help in
>> getting
>> my system configured
>

> [ Unless it is really 1999 where you are, please set your system clock
> to the correct date. ]
>
> Please post your xorg.conf file and details on your video card and
> monitor.
>
> -Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota USA

since he is talking about xfree86 and sysinstall --> configure --->
xfree86 I take it that he isn't running Xorg .....

What FreeBSD release you are running, it must be prior to 5.3, you might
want to upgrade to 5.3 which uses by default Xorg where there isn't
realy a need to config the X server manually ( unless you got two
monitors or you just want the best of the best ). Although I have been
told xfree86 can configure itself to, but how to I'm not sure. I used
the commandline option to config Xfree ( sysinstall -- > configure --->
xfree86 --> xfconf , it was I believe ).

Good luck

--
Frank Staals