various

.VWV. victorvittorivonwiktow at interfree.it
Sun May 22 18:14:35 PDT 2005

Hello.

Chris was right. I have forgotten to upgrade the X server. Both XFree86
and Xorg have the drivers for a lot of radeon gpus now.

Wingsdowz makes me exhausted. It seems I must keep it, in order to run
commercial applications for audio purposes, because it seems easier to
make them run with Wine, on already existing Wingsdowz installations.
The main limit on unix is the availability of drivers for rare hardware.
As example, I have a couple of high-end Aardwark audio adapters, not
only unsupported by OSS, but also unsupported at all, because of the
disappearing of the manufacturer from the market. I could move to
M-Audio though, but I had to trash state-of the-art designed hardware.

I don't need reply, otherwise CC me. I just remark my appreciation for
your time spent giving support.

As always

VITTORI