installation

Denny White dennyboy at cableone.net
Sun May 22 12:09:42 PDT 2005

I'm not a guru or anything near it. Still,
in the past, I ran into the same problem
as you with cd's that came with books.
With me, at least, they have proven to be
very unreliable. If you have a fast internet
connection, you could download a stable iso,
burn it & go from there. Or, and better for
the project, you can go to:

http://www.freebsd.org/where.html

and buy a current cd. I don't know & don't
have time to look right now, which vendors
donate a portion of their proceeds to the
FreeBSD project, but you can look. If they
do, that's who I'd buy the cd from.

Unix is like a wigwam. No gates,
no windows, and an apache inside.