procfs in 5.4

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sun May 22 08:46:14 PDT 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 21:56,  the author Chris Radlinski contributed to the
dialogue on procfs in 5.4:
& I'm running 5.4 Release.  Whenever I run 'ps -ef' I get this message:
&
& ps: Process environment requires procfs(5)
&
& My kernel config contains these two lines:
&
& options         PROCFS                  # Process filesystem (requires
& PSEUDOFS)
& options         PSEUDOFS                # Pseudo-filesystem framework
&
& I should have procfs.  However, my /proc directory is empty.
&
& What gives?

 This can be accomplished
by adding the following line to your /etc/fstab file:

 linprocfs   /compat/linux/proc   linprocfs   rw   0  0

and then, as root, executing the commands:

kldload linprocfs
mount /compat/linux/proc

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.