Please help me booooot!

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun May 22 07:05:37 PDT 2005

Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:
> hey!

Dot, dot, dot

> when i switch ad6's cable over to ad4 and vice versa, my computer
> doesn't boot past its bios at all. what's wrong here? i just need to
> mount ad4 so i can back up some stuff, that's all. thank you so much!

First and formost - pick up a good A+ book. Learn why drives boot in a
certain order, learn about boot sectors.  Learn why drives on seperate
controllers work the way they do.

That's the problem with youngsters these days - most have no idea about
the basics of PC's. Why they work the way they do. I won't even speak of
the old DOS days and using fdisk...

Tsk, tsk, tsk ...

Next - read the handbook on dual booting, then - search the list
archives. It's been covered more time then you might expect. However, it
does take a little work on your part to find the answer.

--
Best regards,
Chris

How long a minute is depends on which side of the
bathroom door you're on.