sony laptop - xorg comes up in small box

jrb0234 at unt.edu jrb0234 at unt.edu
Sat May 21 12:50:14 PDT 2005

I'm trying to install get xorg running on my Sony Vaio PCG FX-150, running FBSD
5.4. When I "startx", X comes up in the small rectangular box the same as the
console. How do I get X to take up my full screen and also how could I go about
doing that for the consoles. The X driver I'm using is the i810-i815 driver.
Also, I am having difficulty locating information for the horizontal and
vertial sync rates for my display (checked google and sony website). That might
have something to do with it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.