uname -a output does not change after kernel upgrade

Daniel Gerzo danger at rulez.sk
Sat May 21 12:05:00 PDT 2005

Hi freebsd-questions,

Saturday, May 21, 2005, 8:41:19 PM, you wrote about:

> Hi,

> I have upgraded FreeBSD server from 5.3-RELEASE to 5.4-STABLE (tag=RELENG_5)
> but when I run 'uname -a' it displays the same message as before:
> ---
server-98>> uname -a
> FreeBSD server.example.com 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #1: Fri Apr 29 23:04:18 EEST 2005
> root at server.example.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/SERVER  i386
> ---

> What I did:
> # cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile

> # cd /usr/src
> # make buildworld
> # make buildkernel
> # make installkernel

^^
Are you really sure you have done this step?

maybe you have somewhere like /boot/loader.conf setuped, that the
default boot kernel is not located at /boot/kernel? It seems you have
booted the old kernel.

--
Best Regards,

 DanGer, ICQ: 261701668  | e-mail protecting at: http://www.2pu.net/