any way to tell memory config of a machine?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat May 21 10:17:47 PDT 2005

On May 21, 2005, at 11:09 AM, Mark Cullen wrote:

> Try 'dmidecode' in ports. /usr/ports/sysutils/dmidecode :)

great, thanks, seems to work.

And it confirmed my worst fears -- my 2GB is 4 x 512MB :-(  I thought
that was the case but was not sure.  I need to upgrade it to 4GB and
cannot reuse any of the existing since it only has 4 DIMM slots :-(

Again, many thanks -- this worked fine

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC