GUI mailer...

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sat May 21 09:33:10 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 11:35:05AM +0200, Karel Bosschaart wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >	I've just tried 'sylpheed' again.  --This time I do have pop3 and
> >	IMAP.  After I set up the configuration, (pointing at
> >	ns1.thought.org), when I tried to "get" mail, I was asked to
> >	input a password.  I typed in my password for kline on ns1 and
> >	sylpheed quit immediately.
>
> As I don't use sylpheed I don't know about this one.
>
> >	evolution works with sendmail, so it worked far more easily.
> >	There is nothing to set up.  The thing with evolution is that
> >	when I see an http://URL and mouseclick on it, nothing happens.
> >	I would expect that mozilla or firefox would popup at the URL,
> >	but no such luck.  (I didn't see anyplace that associates
> >	evolution with a browser.)
>
> See
> http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-August/032253.html
> for a solution/workaround.

		Thanks for your help.   Last night it struck me that
		I might have to use another button, and using the
		left + right worked.  --You can tell that I'm a
		CLI hacker....  Nutshell, at least I can free up
		some space!

> >	Are there any GUI mailers that use sendmail and that open an
> >	underlined URL with <browser-whatever>?  On my daughter's RH-8
> >	system stuff works out-of-the-box.  Somehow.  But I'm getting
> >	ready to replace the RH swith something called Ubuntuu.
>
> I recently started using Thunderbird (on OS X though, not FreeBSD) and
> like it until now.

		It'll be interesting to see what Ubuntu comes
		with//defaults to in its desktop.  uNtil the
		past few weeks I thought Mozilla was top; then
		I discovered Firefox ...

		gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix