KDE Load Problmes

Warren Liddell shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Sat May 21 07:06:41 PDT 2005

Craig Kleski wrote:

>On Saturday 21 May 2005 01:30 pm, you wrote:
>

>>Craig Kleski wrote:

>>>Does KDE exit?  Do you see any error messages when X quits?  I had a
>>>similar problem a few days ago.  I ended up rebuilding KDE for unrelated
>>>reasons, which solved the problem.  However, my error message was about
>>>the file .ICEauthority.  I suspect the file permissions were to blame.
>>>You might look into that.
>>>

>>ironically KDE dosent exit the load screen disappears after a while and
>>a grey screen is just left there untill you restart kde or computer.  I
>>have seen o errors anywhere that point to anything being wrong.  I
>>rebuilt kdelibs & kdebase ... where should i look for errors? .. if all
>>else fails i guess a complete re-build of KDE may be in order.
>>
>>-rw-------   1 shinjii  shinjii    213 May 21 22:13 .ICEauthority
>>

>Since the permissions look correct, try renaming .ICEauthority then starting
>up KDE.  If that doesn't work, does /var/log/Xorg.0.log show anything
>unusual?

i'll try renaming and see what happens ...

This is the last few lines from XFree86.0.log file..

(II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/,
removing from list!
(II) RADEON(0): Wrote: rd=12, fd=101, pd=3
(==) RADEON(0): Removed Write-combining range (0xa0000,0x10000)
(II) RADEON(0): Wrote: rd=12, fd=116, pd=2