KDE Load Problmes

Warren Liddell shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Sat May 21 06:30:29 PDT 2005

Craig Kleski wrote:

>On Saturday 21 May 2005 10:18 am, Warren Liddell wrote:
>

>>I ran a CVSUP of my machine 2 days ago and during portupgrade the
>>computer hung.  I restarted finished portupgrade but now KDE
>>stalls/stops during loading at the same spot each time ..."Initalizing
>>system Services" it sits on this part then it just stops loading is the
>>best way to describe it.
>>
>>I am runnin the latest CVSUP as of about 8hrs ago with all
>>ports/world/kernel updated. using FreeBSD5.4-STABLE ... Any help with
>>this would be very greatly appreciated.
>>

>Does KDE exit?  Do you see any error messages when X quits?  I had a similar
>problem a few days ago.  I ended up rebuilding KDE for unrelated reasons,
>which solved the problem.  However, my error message was about the
>file .ICEauthority.  I suspect the file permissions were to blame.  You might
>look into that.

ironically KDE dosent exit the load screen disappears after a while and
a grey screen is just left there untill you restart kde or computer.  I
have seen o errors anywhere that point to anything being wrong.  I
rebuilt kdelibs & kdebase ... where should i look for errors? .. if all
else fails i guess a complete re-build of KDE may be in order.

-rw-------   1 shinjii  shinjii    213 May 21 22:13 .ICEauthority