How to use GFTP

albi albi at scii.nl
Sat May 21 06:29:37 PDT 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005 09:21:55 -0400
"fbsd_user" <fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> I installed the package just fine. The author's info shows this
> http://gftp.seul.org/screenshots.html
>
> When I enter gftp on the command line I do not get what the screenshots
> show.
> What am I doing wrong here.  Nowhere in the ports description does it say it
> need xwindows to run.

gftp has an X-interface and a txt-only interface, gftp-gtk vs. gftp-
text, but if you want the interface from the screenshot you will need X

if you're using a txt-only machine, you can try midnight commander, it
has build-in ftp-support (e.g. in midnight commander, type in :  cd
ftp://ftp.nl.freebsd.org)