portaudit is being stubborn

Thomas Hurst tom.hurst at clara.net
Sat May 21 04:09:56 PDT 2005

* Chris (chrcoluk at gmail.com) wrote:

> This annoys me as well, I expect portaudit to alert me when an update
> is available to fix an exploit, but wget has no update so what is the
> point of the warning, there also seems to be no way to shut it up.

portaudit_fixed is only for OS bugs (i.e. associated with
kern.osreldate).  portaudit is just a shell script; if it bothers you
that much, submit a patch to make it work for port problems too, or
send-pr :)

Looks like a case of moving the "if (fixedre && $2 ~ fixedre) next" line
outside the "$1 ~ /^FreeBSD[<=>!]/ {" section around line 140, or
something to that effect.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/