GUI mailer...

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Fri May 20 15:53:44 PDT 2005

	I've just tried 'sylpheed' again.  --This time I do have pop3 and
	IMAP.  After I set up the configuration, (pointing at
	ns1.thought.org), when I tried to "get" mail, I was asked to
	input a password.  I typed in my password for kline on ns1 and
	sylpheed quit immediately.

	evolution works with sendmail, so it worked far more easily.
	There is nothing to set up.  The thing with evolution is that
	when I see an http://URL and mouseclick on it, nothing happens.
	I would expect that mozilla or firefox would popup at the URL,
	but no such luck.  (I didn't see anyplace that associates
	evolution with a browser.)

	Are there any GUI mailers that use sendmail and that open an
	underlined URL with <browser-whatever>?  On my daughter's RH-8
	system stuff works out-of-the-box.  Somehow.  But I'm getting
	ready to replace the RH swith something called Ubuntuu.

	Sorry if these seem gto be lame questions, but I'm a cmdline
	Luddite.  I just need to have a good GUI mailer handy.
	tia, guys,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix