Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Fri May 20 08:47:46 PDT 2005

>   25. FreeBSD and Exim (Joe Wood)
>
> Message: 25
> Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 22:03:32 -0400
> From: "Joe Wood" <dot.sn1tch at gmail.com>
> Subject: FreeBSD and Exim
>
> Can someone point me to a good how-to on setting up Exim on FreeBSD 5.4?
> I've looked in a few places but haven't seen anything informative yet.
>
> Thanks in advance.

There are FreeBSD specifics, usually in the work subdir; so you may
wish to defer make clean until you review that.

It's a habit I've developed: regardless of any docs installed by any
port, I always look into work after make install, just to see what
might be in there.

Additionally, there is copious documentation provided seperately in
the ports tree for Exim; it should be enough to get you started for
local delivery. That's all I use it for. I do lurk on the Exim list;
it's fairly friendly, so you could ask there. They do expect you to
read the docs, first, I think.

If you want to go beyond using it for local delivery, I can't
help. It's not complex to set it up for local stuff.

--
I don't care what you think. This is not a stylishly insouciant stroll
out of the jungle, here. It's more like we've fallen out of our trees