Spontaneous reboot before AND after memory swap

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Fri May 20 06:50:33 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm running 4.11 on a server, and for the last week or so it has been
spontaneously rebooting about once a day or so.  It has 512M of memory.

I ran memtest and it causes the reboot as well.  I went and bought 2 sticks of
memory, took out the old one, and put the new ones in.  That gave me 1G.  But
a buildworld fails with signal 11 and memtest still causes the reboot.

Any ideas?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.