Pine

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at goinet.com
Fri May 20 05:41:57 PDT 2005

Just a point of curiousity here, how are you trying to fetch pine?

pkg_add -r pine, or pkg_add -r pine4 ?

Only the latter works.

That, and if you'r etrying to retrieve it from the default server, no
shock that it fails.  That server gets quite overloaded during the day.

I'm getting more and more tempted to start up a wiki for newbies on good
package management practices and port management.  The handbook seems to
deal well with these things once you know they need to be done, but for
someone starting out, they have no idea that they need to be doing this
start with.

Granted, an argument could be made that you should read the handbook cover
to cover before you begin. ;)  Who actually DOES that though?

Tony