Can't run natd after upgrade to 5.4

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Thu May 19 21:23:42 PDT 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Wisut Ponpattana wrote:

> Look back at my configuration file. Sure enough, at the bottom are
> options IPFIREWALL
> options IPDIVERT

How about /etc/rc.conf?
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_logging="YES"           # Set to YES to enable events logging
firewall_quiet="NO"
firewall_type="simple"           #Whatever type you have been using..
gateway_enable="YES"             # IF this machine will be a gateway
natd_enable="YES"               # Enable natd (if firewall_enable == YES).
natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"  # Set rules file for the NAT daemon
natd_interface="ed0"            # Public/external interface or IPaddress
to use.
network_interfaces="fxp0 ed0 lo0"

replace natd_interface with whatever your public interface is..
Also I spent nearly 2 days tracking down some problems.. and they got
fixed after adding the network_interfaces... It seems the code to
automatically detect the cards doesn/wasn't working..