Cyrus IMAP from Ports in 5.X?

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Thu May 19 17:48:29 PDT 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005, greg at grokking.org wrote:

> I'm not absolutely certain of this but I thought virtual domain support
> on cyrus was rough until 2.2x. I've got at least one box that hosts
> multiple domains but it's running 2.2x not 2.1x.

I am running 2.2.12

> Anyway, it looks like you're trying to use cyradm with a non-admin
> account. You must use the __sasl2 account__ that you specify in your
> imapd.conf under "admin".

Doing that. As as per your suggestion made a name different from
cyrus/root.

> cyradm -u <admin user> localhost

One thing I find strange.. in my setup I have to do
cyradm -u user at machine_name localhost

For example in imapd put mailadmin as the admin.
Have to use cyradm -u mailadmin at testpompa.natserv.net localhost

> If it works correctly you should get a shell prompt with the hostname,
> something like this:
>
> localhost.[yourdomain]>

I get just
localhost>

lm does give me a list of users created.

> Remember that when you add the accounts to sasl2 via the saslpasswd2
> script you have the option of making the account "native" or "vhosted"
> simply based on whether you add an "@domain" suffix to the user id when
> you create it. Note that I'm referring to sasl2 accounts at this point.
>
> For example,
>
> saslpasswd2 -c userid

If I do that the machine name gets added...
saslapsswd2 -c mailadmin

Created
mailadmin at testpompa.natserv.net

> But vhosted users are created thus:
> saslpasswd2 -c userid at domain

Do I need to create users from cyardm or from saslpasswd2?

> http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/

Looking at it...

Also do I need "loginrealms" for using virtdomains?