Did 5.4-RC4 become 5.4-RELEASE?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Thu May 19 15:29:02 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 03:08:29PM -0700, Brian O'Shea wrote:
> I downloaded 5.4-RC4 just before 5.4-RELEASE was posted, and burned
> CD's from them.  Is this release candidate identical to 5.4-RELEASE?

No, there were some changes made between 5.4-RC4 and 5.4-RELEASE
Most important of those are probably patches for the security
advisories that were released during that short period of time.
(The 5.4 errata file mentions all three of those advisories.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se