/var/db/pkgrestore

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu May 19 14:37:40 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:39:35PM +0300, Victor Mel'nichenko wrote:
> hi, ALL!
> I have some problem with /var/db/pkg.
> I just remove this directory and i don't know how to restore it with all bases of my installed packages and it current versions. I don't do some backup of my system and any other bases... Just remove this dir(/var/db/pkg).
> Please, help. FreeBSD 5.4-p1

Sorry, you have to reinstall all the ports by hand.

You can use pkg_which (part of portupgrade) to identify files that are
not registered by any package in /var/db/pkg, and then try to work out
which package installed them.

Obviously, you should look into regularly backing up your system once
you get it back together.

Kris