can't build firefox 1.0.4 on 4.10

Timothy Smith timothy at open-networks.net
Thu May 19 14:33:47 PDT 2005

Alex Zbyslaw wrote:

> Timothy Smith wrote:
>
>> it didn't like it too much. i did pkg_delete on the old version then
>> i ran portinstall www/firefox
>> which compiled for a bit then gave the following error
>>

>> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla'
>> gmake: *** [default] Error 2
>> *** Error code 2
>

> This isn't the error though.  This is gmake stopping because of
> something previous going wrong.
>
> Are you doing this as root?  What's the actual error?
>
> I've compiled the latest just fine on 4.11.
>
> --Alex

yes i'm doing all this as root

i let it do a make install (instead of using portinstall, portinstall
seems more verbose)
and i got this

nsFontMetricsPS.cpp:1633: `struct FTC_ImageTypeRec_' has no member named
`face_id'
gmake[4]: *** [nsFontMetricsPS.o] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla/gfx/src/ps'
gmake[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla/gfx/src'
gmake[2]: *** [libs] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla/gfx'
gmake[1]: *** [tier_9] Error 2