Firewire 800 to IDE?

John Pettitt jpp at cloudview.com
Thu May 19 13:47:27 PDT 2005

I've got four  of WD250 GB drives that I want to hook to a FreeBSD 5.4
box that happens to have a Firewire 800 card in it (it's already got
three FW 400 disks attached).  I have some FW->IDE boards that don't
work with BSD (it sees the device but never detects the drive)  - so I'm
looking for info on Firewire 800 boards that are known to work - if you
have a Firewire 800 to IDE board that is currently working with FreeBSD
please let me know what make/model and if possible where you got it (if
in the US).

Thanks

John