Firewire Support on 4.11 ?

Alessandro de Manzano ale at unixmania.net
Thu May 19 11:25:51 PDT 2005

[please answer me directly too since I'm not subscribed to this list,
thanks!]

Hello,

I've a question about firewire support on FreeBSD 4.11-R.

I'ld use an external hard disk on a server of mine, and since USB 2.0
support is not available in FBSD 4.x, I'ld try with firewire.
(I can't install 5.4-R on it)

Any suggestion or hint ? Are there some recommended FW chipsets or
something to avoid ? (I was thinking about Lacie's FW 400 PCI card)
I'm interested in external HD's support, any other FW use is not in my
needs right now (DV, ethernet, etc.)

As said, *any* hint is more than welcome ! :-)

Many thanks in advance!

--

bye!

Ale