Shared /usr/ports directories

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Thu May 19 10:55:12 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 12:07:51PM -0500, Tony Shadwick wrote:
> Does this impact the pkgdb?  To be honest, I don't know where the
> information that pkg_info returns is stored.  :)  Probably should have
> sought this out a long time ago, but hey, I'm lazy.

I don't know anything about pkgdb, but the information that pkg_info
returns is stored in /var/db/pkg, and options set via the OPTIONS
system in ports are stored in /var/db/ports.

If you were to use portupgrade (which most people seem to use, but
which I don't use) things might be different - I don't know.
For me the only things stored in /usr/ports are the port skeletons
themselves. (/usr/ports/distfiles is just a symlink on my system to
a directory on another filesystem.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson