Tracking down "kern.ipc.maxpipekva exceeded"

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Thu May 19 10:28:18 PDT 2005

> I would suggest keeping an eye on kern.ipc.pipekva and trying to
> correlate any changes to the activity on the system at the time.

I've already set this up - and it slowly (over days) is creeping up, e.g.

May 12 18:00:58 CEST 2005: kern.ipc.pipekva: 114688
May 19 19:23:29 CEST 2005: kern.ipc.pipekva: 262144

At least I know what kern.ipc.pipekva is rising but, for me the most
interesting part is, what actually is using up these resources?

Is there any chance to get hold of the respective process/program?

Regards,
-ewald