FreeBSD 5.3 and NIS

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Thu May 19 08:27:40 PDT 2005

I'm running nfs/nis off of a FreeBSD 4.10 system. I have a secondary NIS
master on a freebsd 5.3 system and so far, everything is cool between them.
There is one thing that I've noticed that I've never seen before though. I
have a nfs mount mounted but the permissions for the group show as $FreeBSD
instead of the actual group it should be. I've checked my nis settings in
/etc/group and have the standard +::: at the end. Anyone else seen this or
can possibly explain why this isn't listing as the appropriate group?

Thanks.

--

Micheal Patterson
Senior Communications Systems Engineer

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.