can't build firefox 1.0.4 on 4.10

Timothy Smith timothy at open-networks.net
Thu May 19 02:36:13 PDT 2005

Josh Ockert wrote:

>a tmp file? thats odd...
>
>looks like you have some cruft hanging about
>
>i would try booting to single-user, rm -Rf ing /tmp, rebooting, and then:
>
>cd /usr/ports
>make update (assuming you have set up your cvsup stuff to work nicely with this)
>cd /usr/ports/www/firefox
>make clean
>make install
>
>if you havent followed the handbook to set up the cvsup flags right to
>handle 'make update' then follow whatever procedure you use to update
>your ports.

nope it tried it again. any more ideas? i don't need to update, i only
just cvsup'd my ports tree 5 minutes ago. i did a make clean and still
the error

gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla'
gmake: *** [default] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portinstall92181.0 make reinstall
** Fix the installation problem and try again.
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! www/firefox   (install error)
--->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed