How much does it cost?

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Wed May 18 19:29:29 PDT 2005

> ** For Your Eyes Only **
> ** Reply Requested When Convenient **

Not sure why that was needed.

> I'm doing a project for school on web servers and I was just wondering,
> how much it would cost to purchse your product?

Take a look at this:

<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/introduction.html#BSD-LICENSE-RESTRICTIONS>

Items 1.3 and 1.5 should mostly answer your questions in terms of how
much money freeBSD costs. Item 1.6 contains some information that may
help to explain why.

Of course, that isn't the complete answer. Actually getting FreeBSD will
cost somewhat in money and time. (Something the same as the package
price for MSWindows not being the total cost of MSWindows.)

I'd explain further, but since I don't know whether your project is to
actually build a server or to find out the costs of building a server, I
hesitate. If it's the latter, I wouldn't want to do all your homework
for you.

Feel free to ask questions, but recognize that we aren't all here to do
other people's homework for them.

You'll probably want to look around the rest of the Frequently Asked
Questions pages, the index is

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/index.html

Depending on the scope and focus of your project, you may want to look
at the following two related OSses:

http://www.netbsd.org
http://www.openbsd.org

You can find pages there with answers to Frequently Asked Questions, as
well.

--
Joel Rees   <rees at ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム