GNU cp location

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at goinet.com
Wed May 18 14:59:56 PDT 2005

Yeah, I've done this recently, it works beautifully, albeit a bit time
consuming.  I wish I could throw out there a big sign that says more or
less:

"cvsup your ports tree, install using portinstall"

Rather than people constantly trying to build manually from tarball. :\
That and teach people to put their build flags in /etc/make.conf so that
portupgrade 'remembers' how you built it last time, like so:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/mail/cclient}
WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT=yes
.endif

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/mail/imap-uw}
WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT=yes
.endif

The tricks you learn over time though. :)