lmmon + FBSD 5.4

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Wed May 18 10:25:20 PDT 2005

Don't mean to be rude or anything... But as I did indicate before, NOTES was
not and still is not, any help...

What the below has to do with monitoring sensors makes very little sense to
me.  Perhaps it's just the description that doesn't make sense to me,
perhaps someone needs to CVS commit some better description, but this just
doesn't make sense to me.

--
Chris.

#
# System Management Bus (SMB)
#
options         ENABLE_ALART            # Control alarm on Intel intpm
driver

#
# Set the number of PV entries per process.  Increasing this can
# stop panics related to heavy use of shared memory.  However, that can
# (combined with large amounts of physical memory) cause panics at
# boot time due the kernel running out of VM space.
#
# If you're tweaking this, you might also want to increase the sysctls
# "vm.v_free_min", "vm.v_free_reserved", and "vm.v_free_target".
#
# The value below is the one more than the default.
#
options         PMAP_SHPGPERPROC=201

#
# Change the size of the kernel virtual address space.  Due to
# constraints in loader(8) on i386, this must be a multiple of 4.
# 256 = 1 GB of kernel address space.  Increasing this also causes
# a reduction of the address space in user processes.  512 splits
# the 4GB cpu address space in half (2GB user, 2GB kernel).
#
options         KVA_PAGES=260

--
Chris.

I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they
fly by..." - Douglas Adams, 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'