Unable to find sendmail.mc

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed May 18 07:18:54 PDT 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Charles Lamb wrote:

> Should be using amavis-milter rather
>
> Well after a lot of RingTFM on amavis I found out I should be using
> amavisd.  Anyway all of the readme files keep telling me I need to add
> code to sendmail.mc and run m4 on it to create sendmail.cf.  Well I
> cannot seem to find sendmail.mc anywhere.  I found a file called
> freebsd.mc but when I turn that into sendmail.cf sendmail gets real
> angry.  Any ideas?

You should not edit freebsd.mc, it's a template.  The Makefile in
/etc/mail will create a .mc file called hostname.mc where hostname is
the computer's hostname.

Once you've got hostname.mc how you like, do a

make all install restart

See /etc/mail/Makefile; the targets in it can save you a lot of typing.