Urgent!Chmod -R 660 * under /,and can not start system anymore...

Sun Le kbuild at gmail.com
Wed May 18 06:50:18 PDT 2005

Hi,Steven

Thanks.....I do the most things you metioned....

My step go as follow,please check my solution out:
-Mount the disk,and backup the improtant data..
-chmod -R 755,under the /
-start the system on the disk,then do the 'make installworld'

I am backing up the data now....That is the first thing of
all.....What do you think of my solution.....I am waiting for your
reply here.....

Anyhow....Thanks!

Regards

Sun .L

On 5/18/05, Steven Enderle <freebsd at gizm0.org> wrote:
>  This is why all unix books state, you shall not work as root ;)
>
>  You can recover your system, by following system rescue manual available on
> the net and boot via cd in to recover shell mode, mounting your disks, and
> running mtree with the data files in /etc/mtree over your system.
>
>  Read the manpage to mtree on freebsd.org before
>
>  Good luck
>
>  Steven
>  --
>  ++ message delivered by gizm0.org
>  ++ free webmail - imap, pop3, ssl secured
>

>  Sun Le wrote:
>  Hi,guys
>
> I did some really stupid operations and met some problems need to
> solve right now.
>
> I changed the mode of all my directories under `/' to 660,and now I
> can not launch the system anymore.....How can I solve the stupid
> problem? It is urgent!
>
> Anyway....I will very much appreciate any suggestion and
> solutions....Thanks very much in advance !
>
> Regards
>
> Sun .L

Sun Le (sandy) - <kbuild at gmail.com>

tiny Sun Le,grand Unix world