enable ssh

Dark Star dead_line at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 06:41:14 PDT 2005

Hello,

   I just installed FBSD 5.4R
    in fact im new to 5.x all the way im on 4.8,

   When i try to ssh (using SecureCRT) to my 5.4 machinem it says

   the remote server requires SSH2 protocol,

   and when i change the configuration in my SecureCRT to SSH2 and try to
ssh again
   it says unable to authenticate using any of configured auth methods.

   is ssh disable by defult in 5.4 ? how do I enable it please?
   I tried to change some values in ssh_config and sshd_config but didnot
work,
   can someone advise me please?

  thanks.
  Marwan