Urgent!Chmod -R 660 * under /,and can not start system anymore...

Steven Enderle freebsd at gizm0.org
Wed May 18 06:36:24 PDT 2005

This is why all unix books state, you shall not work as root ;)

You can recover your system, by following system rescue manual available
on the net and boot via cd in to recover shell mode, mounting your
disks, and running mtree with the data files in /etc/mtree over your system.

Read the manpage to mtree on freebsd.org before

Good luck

Steven
--
++ message delivered by gizm0.org <http://gizm0.org/>
++ free webmail - imap, pop3, ssl secured