highpoint rocketraid 454 - RAID 1

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed May 18 00:40:33 PDT 2005

You absolutely must e-mail Soren on this right away.  The
driver developers rarely get a user with a problem who is clueful
enough to give them usable feedback.

> Now I'm going to quickly swap my card for the adaptec and see
> what happens.

Make sure to delete the array and data on disks completely, then
recreate it with the BIOS on the 1200a card.

> I still find it very odd that my card isn't working properly with the
> OS.

I don't.  IDE raid support in FreeBSD is very, very young.

> Maybe the card is faulty?

More likely the driver has a problem.

Ted