highpoint rocketraid 454 - RAID 1

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed May 18 00:36:52 PDT 2005

No, I don't think there is anything wrong with your card.  I think there
is a problem with the RAID support in the ata driver in FreeBSD with your
card.  It could be a bug as a result of a different firmware revision, it
could be a bug as a result of a mistake in the driver code.  Or it could
simply be that Soren didn't get around to putting in RAID support for
that card, yet.

> I was actually thinking to swap my HighPoint card with an Adaptec
> 1200a which I'm using as an ide card on the other computer. If it
> works, I'll just leave the Adaptec in my FBSD and probably send off
> the HighPoint to Søren Schmidt.

That would be the best I think.

Ted