Cyrus IMAP from Ports in 5.X?

Francisco Reyes lists at natserv.com
Tue May 17 19:12:52 PDT 2005

Anyone got Cyrus IMAP working from installing the ports?

After 3 days trying.. I am leaning towards possible problems with the
ports options. For example upon installation the cyrus-sasl-2.1.20_1 port
there are errors in /var/log/auth.log

May 16 23:47:39 testpompa saslpasswd2: setpass succeeded for cyrus
May 16 23:47:39 testpompa saslpasswd2: Couldn't update db

Runing saslapsswd produces the same, yet running sasldblistusers2 I see
cyrus at localhost: userPassword

My imapd.conf is
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/imap/spool
servername: testpompa.natserv.net
allowanonymouslogin: no
admins: cyrus root
autocreatequota: 102400
loginrealms: stringsutils.com, dataeverywhere.net
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/imap/sieve
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
lmtpsocket: /var/imap/socket/lmtp
idlesocket: /var/imap/socket/idle
notifysocket: /var/imap/socket/notify
virtdomains: yes
defaultdomain: stringsutils.com

The "Couldn't update db" seems like a common problem when installing
Cyrus, yet I could not find a single reference on how to fix the
problem.

Ran the mkimap without any problems. Both the impad and sasl programs are
running and no errors reported at startup for either of them.

Moreover, I tried using a different Berkeley DB with cyrus-sasl and after
that got different errors, so I am wondering if the default options in the
port may be wrong.