Epson Stylus C86 Printer

Mike Jeays Mike.Jeays at rogers.com
Tue May 17 18:36:17 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 18:42, Mike Jeays wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 15:44, dgmm wrote:
> > On Monday 16 May 2005 02:35, Mike Jeays wrote:
> > > I have just bought one of these printers, and am having trouble getting
> > > it to work with ghostscript. It is connected via a USB port, and it
> > > responds momentarily when I send anything directly to /dev/ulpt0.
> > >
> > > I would appreciate the correct parameters for ghostscript - I think it
> > > should work with device ijs and 'server' ijsgimpprint, which has been
> > > installed in /usr/local/bin.
> > >
> > > Some of the instructions recommend CUPS and FooMatic, and seem much more
> > > complicated than I ought to need for a local installation.
> > >
> > > I tested the printer with Windows, and it does work.
> >
> > Try /dev/unlpt0
> >
> > Note the "n" ;-)
> >

> That was a really useful hint, thanks!  escputil now works, but my
> ghostscript filter still needs work.

I apologise for following up my own post, but here is the excerpt from
my non-working filter.  I think the DeviceModel parameter needs to be
corrected, but I have googled for some time, and can't find the answer.
More ideas will be very welcome!

cat $TMP | /usr/local/bin/gs \
     -sDEVICE=ijs \
     -sIjsServer=/usr/local/bin/ijsgimpprint \
     -sDeviceManufacturer=EPSON \
     -sDeviceModel=escp2-870 \  # I also tried escp2-ex and escp2-670
     -q -dNOPAUSE -r600