PR kern/78968 MBuf cluster exhaustion. RFC (solutions)

Ernest Smallis esmallis at stbernard.com
Tue May 17 11:59:09 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I am seeing this problem as well:

a. The kernel is in a tight loop via the fxp driver since there are
frames that need to be DMA'd but cannot be because 'b.'

b. The fxp driver calls m_getcl( ) which returns ENOBUFS since
there are no clusters to satisfy the request.  This goes on
constantly so it appears the system is hung.

I submitted a follow-up to the PR and also requested contact with a
committer to discuss this problem and possible solutions.

I think this should be fixed, right away.

If you would like to donate your 2 cents worth to this discussion; I would
be very happy to hear from you and am grateful for the input.

Ernie ;-)

Ernest Smallis
Sr. Software Engineer
RAPID Development