GimpShop and FreeBSD

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Tue May 17 10:28:30 PDT 2005

Hey,

I'm tring to install GimpShop on my FreeBSD laptop ( 5.3 ) but when I
run configure this happens:

root at Riza#./configure --prefix=/usr/local

<snip>

checking fd_set and sys/select... yes
checking for XmuClientWindow in -lXmu... yes
checking for X11/Xmu/WinUtil.h... yes
checking for TIFFReadScanline in -ltiff... no
checking for TIFFWriteScanline in -ltiff... no
checking for TIFFFlushData in -ltiff34... no
configure_tmp: WARNING: *** TIFF plug-in will not be built (TIFF library
not found) ***
configure_tmp: error:
*** Checks for TIFF libary failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libtiff to configure but you won't be able to use TIFFs then.
root at Riza#

It don't seem to find libtiff, allthough I did install it:

frank at Riza$ pkg_info | grep tiff
linux-tiff-3.6.1_1  TIFF library, Linux/i386 binary
tiff-3.7.2          Tools and library routines for working with TIFF images
frank at Riza$

Because I rarely use .tiff files I used the without-libtiff option, but
I get the same error for libjpeg, libpng, libmng and libexif. The fact
that I wouldn't be able to use .jpeg and .png worries me, so my question
is, does anyone know what to do to fix this problem, what should the
location of those libaries be ?

I hope someone has an answer because I don't seem to get the logic in
the UI in the Gimp ( maybe it is because I am used to PhotoShop )

Thanks in advance

--
Frank Staals