Spam/AV filtering

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue May 17 07:26:50 PDT 2005

Charles Lamb wrote:
> Would I want to enable milter with clamav?  Also does amavisd-new
> actually do the handling?  I had clamav installed and it scanned like a
> champ but that's all it did.  It showed me a bunch of viruses/malware
> but did nothing about it.  Thanks.

That depends on whether you want to callout to clamav directly or via amavisd,
which will then call SA amd clamav if needed.  But yes, if you are using
sendmail as the MTA, it would be a good idea to enable milter so you can change
your mind and still have it work.

If you use amavisd, viral and spammy messages get placed in /var/quarantine (or
some such path).

--
-Chuck