Spam/AV filtering

albi at scii.nl albi at scii.nl
Tue May 17 07:24:49 PDT 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 10:06:22 -0400
"Charles Lamb" <clamb at visionpayments.com> wrote:

> Would I want to enable milter with clamav?  Also does amavisd-new
> actually do the handling?

amavisd-new works as a sort of in-between tool between the MTA and
clamav

> I had clamav installed and it scanned like
> a champ but that's all it did.  It showed me a bunch of
> viruses/malware but did nothing about it.  Thanks.

without something like amavis (there's more than just amavisd-new)
that's not gonna help, unless you use e.g. the clamav-plugin from
sylpheed-claws if that latter would be your mail-client

personally i'm quite happy with postfix+clamsmtp+spamassassin+procmail,
(clamsmtp is also in the ports-collection)