How to use snapshots

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue May 17 06:35:39 PDT 2005

"fbsd_user" <fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com> writes:

> I have no idea what you mean by those statements.
> What floppies are you talking about?

The ones in the floppies directory.

> How do I download the snapshot version with all the files and
> sub-directors?

There are many ways you could do that, but there's no reason to.
Just
do a network-based install, booting from floppies.

> This snapshot URL must be a normal thing available to the general
> FreeBSD user.

"must be"?  If you want an ISO, stick with releases.

> So there must be some pre-canned way to download and use it.
> How do I find this out?

Prepare the Boot Media.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-pr
e.html

You are off the subject.
My question has nothing to do with how to install from floppies, or
using cvsup to load the source to my PC for recompile of the system.
Drop that line of thought.

Question has always been how do people use
ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/pub/FreeBSD/i386/

to build bootable cdrom to install from?

I have been all through the handbook and it does not cover this
subject.

Can someone who has used
 ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/pub/FreeBSD/i386/
in the past please respond with how this is done.